Relief International Consultancy Firm Tender Notice
Scope of Work (SoW) for engaging Consultancy Firm to Provide Relief International Staff with Training on Humanitarian Principles and International Humanitarian Law
Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Relief International Consultancy Firm Tender Notice Background to the Assignment
Relief International (RI) Turkey is currently providing life-saving health and WASH services inside Turkey and Northern Syria. RI is planning to commence cross border operations into the TAF controlled areas of Northern Syria. In order to ensure that staff crossing into Syria understand, and adhere to, international humanitarian law and humanitarian principles during the course of their work, RI is seeking an experienced consultancy firm to provide training on humanitarian principles and international humanitarian law. In order to build the capacity of staff based inside Syria, the training will also be provided for Syria-based staff.
Relief International Consultancy Firm Tender Notice Scope of Work
RI Turkey is seeking an experienced consultancy firm to conduct:
- Two dazy trainings on Humanitarian Principles and International Humanitarian Law in ENGLISH to 15-20 RI Staff in Gaziantep, Turkey
- Two day trainings on Humanitarian Principles and International Humanitarian in ARABIC to 15-20 RI Staff in Gaziantep, Turkey
- Two day trainings on Humanitarian Principles International Humanitarian in ARABIC to two groups of 15-20 RI Staff based in Syria.
These can be conducted via Skype, if needed.
All trainings should be conducted (20-30 March 2017).
Relief International Consultancy Firm Tender Notice Training Objectives:
The training objectives are:
- Increase staff knowledge on International Humanitarian Law and the responsibilities of different humanitarian actors.
- Provide interactive examples of practical applications of International Humanitarian Law.
- Provide staff with a comprehensive understanding of basic Humanitarian Principles, and the operational importance for humanitarian actors to adhere to these principles during the course of their work.
- Provide staff with an opportunity to identify and analyze potential dilemmas faced by actors providing humanitarian assistance.
As a minimum, the training should cover:
- Humanitarian laws, principles, codes and standards
- Responsibilities of different humanitarian actors
- Protection of aid workers under humanitarian law
- Practical application of international humanitarian law and humanitarian principles in the provision of humanitarian aid
- Dilemmas faced by humanitarian actors in the provision of humanitarian aid
The successful consultancy firm should:
- Have at least 5 years experience providing training to NGOs on humanitarian principles and international humanitarian law.
- Be able to provide three references from previous organizations for which they have provided similar trainings.
Interested consultancy firms should provide a proposed training curriculum, CVs of trainers, detailed budget, details of availability and contact details for three referees by 5pm on (27 Feb 2017) thru email@example.com
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation