Procurement of Contractor Services
Consultancy on Capacity Building Support within USDOL funded Project
Piloting the USDA Guidelines in the Hazelnuts Supply Chain in Turkey
Scope and Aim of the Consultancy
Within the scope of the project’s capacity building support component, the FLA is planning to provide consultancy services to the agriculture companies through a sub-contractor.
To conduct this exercise, the FLA seeks to engage a third party contractor (the sub-contractor) to provide the required services. The FLA encourages more than one organization, as a group to carry out the project.
The overall aim of the consultancy on capacity building support is to contribute;
- Building capacity of companies to run social compliance programmes,
- Building capacity of labor contractors, and
- Development of awareness raising materials to reach out various stakeholders
in a sustainable way and make hazelnut production and harvesting more sustainable through engagement of participating company and stakeholders.
II.a Capacity Building for Relevant Company Staff
The project activities will aim to increase capacities of companies’ staff by the provision of training and educational support. Within this scope, FLA seeks to conduct a four–day comprehensive training of trainer (ToT) workshop for company staff members, followed by job shadowing (a total of 4-day training workshop ) during dissemination of trainings to field level staff.
Activities and Expected Outputs
- To develop a training of trainer manual and educational aids to conductTraining of Trainers for company staff which,
- details the relevance of the various labor rights and related issues, including references to relevant legislations in Turkey.
- provides facilitation guidance (in the form of a trainer’s manual) and tools that the company staff, can use to train and work with field level staff members to support them to ensure effective dissemination of standards, supply chain management, communication, grievance mechanism, internal monitoring and remediation.
- To run Training of Trainers (ToT) workshops, using the training manual, for company staff member in the beginning of May 2017 with a minimum of 15 company staff, through a 4-day training workshop.
- To provide shadowing for 2 trainings, which will be conducted by ToT participants in field locations (Ordu, Düzce or Sakarya) in May-June 2017 with a minimum of 4 participants each, through a total of 4-day training workshops.
- To evaluate both ToT and training which will be conducted by ToT participants and preparation of a brief evaluation report.