World Vision International İnsani Yardım Kuruluşu Türkiye – Gaziantep
World Vision International in Turkey is currently accepting proposals for rapid needs assessment in the Menbij countryside and Tel Abiad town to better understand the situation and the needs of the affected population. World Vision will requests the support of a consultant to conduct a rapid needs assessment in these areas through the development, implementation, analysis and reporting of a multi-sector rapid needs assessment (e.g. WASH, Shelter, Education, Protection, Health, CCCM, NFI, Food and Access to Basic Services).
Responsibilities of the Consultant
- Develop and design a rapid assessment framework, utilizing quality tools based on previous studies and best practice.
- Develop a detailed work plan for the rapid assessment, for review by the World Vision MEAL team.
- Develop a rapid assessment methodology based on best practice and previous methodologies used to conduct the abovementioned needs assessment, to be approved and validated by WV.
- a. The methodology should include a variety of qualitative and quantitative approaches; however it needs to be rapid.
- b. Ensure tools and methodology take gender/age specific vulnerabilities and cultural contexts into account.
- c. Data collection tools should be guided by Sphere Assessment checklists.
- Implement the assessment according to the detailed rapid assessment work plan.
- Prepare an assessment report (maximum 15 pages) in English, with an executive summary, findings and recommendations. A draft of the report must be submitted to the World Vision MEAL team for review and approval at least 1 week before the publication date agreed in the work plan.
The consultant will be expected to produce:
- CV of the assessment leadership
- Three-page technical proposal for implementation which includes
- Methodology, including anticipated challenges and actions to redress them, as well as any existing network in the proposed areas to enable primary data collection
- Proposed timeframe
- Sample work plan
- Sample of previous work (no more than 5 pages is necessary, but more are accepted)
- Consultancy fees required
- Reference from at least one prior NGO client
The date to begin the assessment should be August 15, 2016. It is envisioned that the rapid needs assessment should take no more than 10 working days to complete. Justification is required for proposals of longer than 10 working days.
Forward expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the email subject line please indicate: Applications will be accepted until 11th August, 2016, 18:00 Turkey time.
The deadline for submission of a proposal is 11th of August 2016, 18:00 Turkey time.