World Vision International Insani Yardim Kuruluşu Turkiye – Gaziantep
WORLD VISION INTERNATIONAL IS LOOKING FOR AN EXTERNAL CONSULTANT FOR THE SPHERE TRAINING.
PLEASE SEND YOUR PROPOSALS TO Gaziantep_Procurement@wvi.org WITH THE ‘PR 849 SPHERE TRAINING’ SUBJECT UNTIL APRIL 15, 2017 ; 17.30 PM
Terms of Reference
World Vision International in Turkey is looking for one consultant (or organization/institution) to conduct 2 capacity building training and mentoring workshop for 22 WV’s partners’ staff inside Syria – Idleb and for 35 WV’s staff in Syria- Azaz on Sphere.
All consultants/companies meeting the described requirements and providing services will remain on file for future consultancy opportunities. WV will contact the consultant/company for trainings as identified.
By the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of the four (4) basic humanitarian principles (humanity, impartiality, independence, and neutrality)
- Explain the value of adhering to humanitarian principles and standards
- Express how the Red Cross Code of Conduct can possibly be applied in their personal work
- Express the purpose of Sphere, and the protection principles along with the cross-cutting themes
- Be familiarized with the Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS)
Responsibilities of the consultant
The consultant/company is expected to deliver the following outputs:
- Detailed agenda and training flow to be approved by WVI.
- Facilitate the planning of the workshop.
- Develop appropriate hand out materials for presentation.
- Facilitate sessions during the workshop.
- Assist with documentation of sessions as appropriate.
Responsibilities of World Vision
- Provide feedback and final approval to the consultant at relevant stages of the engagement (planning to actual conduct)
- Ensure the proposed methodology, materials and topics are coherent with WVI Internal Standards and Processes.
Timing and scope
The assignment will likely be conducted during April- early of May 2017 for 3 days in Idleb and 3 days in Azaz, based on the need and preliminary negotiation with the identified consultant/company.
The ideal consultant selected will be one with the following:
- Knowledge of civil society sector in general, and NGOs in Syria and Turkey specifically.
- Documented experience NGO capacity building.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the topic through on the-job experience, education and/or extensive study/training.
- Ability to conduct trainings in Arabic.
- Ability to conduct trainings inside of Syria.
- Ability to accommodate Trainees if needed.
- Training venue to be in safe area (Sarmada, Bab Alhawa, Atmeh or neighboring areas).
The consultant will work in close collaboration with WVT Capacity Building Coordinator, MEAL manager and relevant project staff and the organizations that are being supported.
Interested consultants/companies should send their proposals to Gaziantep_Procurement@wvi.org, no later than COB 15 April 2017
all proposals must include the following:
- Relevant experience and previous trainings conducted.
- Description of the capabilities and capacities of the consultant/company, including proposals detailing the specific training, what it covers, and how long it will take. The winning candidate is not required to provide evidence of the capacities in all the aforementioned topics. Focus should be based on expertise.
- Sample of curriculum.
- Costs associated with trainings, including translation if required.
- CV of the Trainers, including Sphere Certifications.