HAYATA DESTEK DERNEĞİ / SUPPORT TO LIFE
www.hayatadestek.org / www.supporttolife.org
Terms of Reference
|Location:||Istanbul, Adana, Mersin, Hatay, Kayseri, Sanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Mardin|
|Reporting Language:||Turkish or English|
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||35-40 days between July-October 2017|
Support to Life Association (STL) is providing protection through its Individual Protection Programme (IPP) which is mainly composed of case management services and information dissemination activities for refugees in 8 provinces.
In the listed provinces above, STL plans to work through consultancy for providing psychological support to refugees registered to its case management services and for providing support to case management teams in their field work. STL required consultants for each location, however, one consultant can be chosen for closely located provinces such as Adana and Mersin, Diyarbakır and Mardin. The duration of consultancy varies based on the needs in the respective location and is explained during the interviews before selection.
- Objective of the assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to support STL IPP teams in case management processes and providing quality response in terms of psychological support and access to services in a timely manner.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will have the responsibility of giving counselling on psychological issues and of responding regarding the questions from the IPP team and support individuals under conditions of extreme stress including war situations, gender based violence and harassment. The consultant should dedicate 2 or 3 working days of his/her time every week:
- To provide psychological support the case team in all steps of the case management process including (1) identification and registration (2) assessment (3) case planning (4) implementation of case plan (5) follow-up and review (6) case closure
- Provide individual or group counseling for refugee community members from various age groups
- Assess the psychosocial well-being of community members and identify their psychosocial needs
- Identify the need for further psychological interventions to be dealt by experts through referrals to other institutions
- Provide awareness raising and informative sessions for community members as required
- Support IPP team during awareness raising sessions and in preparing documents regarding psychological issues
- Support IPP team in creating case plans and implementing them
- Support IPP team in case assessment process by accompanying them during home visits
The psychologist will facilitate referrals progress to other institutions in case of need for further interventions.
- Timeframe and Reporting
The duration of the assignment is estimated to be 40 days basis to be distributed over the implementation period of 4 months starting from the signature of the Contract. There is a possibility to extend the duration of the contract by mutual agreement if the project gets extended.
Contract Start Date: 1 July 2017
Contract Completion Date: 30 October 2017
The Consultant will be responsible to the respective Project Manager of STL for successful completion of the duties and responsibilities assigned in Section C of this ToR. The Consultant will work closely with Psychosocial Support Expert. STL will also provide technical support, feedback and assistance to ensure receipt of quality output(s).
The outputs of the consultancy should be put in a report including:
- Counseling for cases (number of cases, case types, progress)
- Support for caseworkers on cases (number of cases accompanied in house visits, case plans made, referrals)
- Support for info sessions and materials
- Other activities (trainings, workshops if any)
- Recommendations for STL programme regarding the consultancy
- DUTY STATION
The consultancy will be delivered in STL offices and at outreach during house visits in the respective province. STL may choose one person for each location or may combine provinces that are closely located (Adana-Mersin, Diyarbakır-Mardin).
All costs are borne by the consultant except of travels within the province where STL cars are used and except of travel, accommodation and per diem for trainings outside of the duty station.
STL is an equal opportunities employer.
Interested candidates can submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 June 2017:
- An up-to-date-CV
- A letter of Tender for Legal Consultancy. The letter should cover until the end of the project, 30 October 2017 and should include all of the above listed deliverables and reports and the price quotation should be given in Turkish Liras.
Please indicate reference number: in the subject of your e-mail ( PC)
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Resumes without Letter of Tender will be discarded.
Psychologist will be paid in Turkish Liras.
- Contracting Authority
Contracting Authority for this ToR is STL.
- EXPECTED QUALIFICATIONS
|GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS||· University degree on Psychology or Relevant Fields· Fluency in Arabic,
· Computer literacy
|· Advanced university degree from a related field,|
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE||· 2 years of professional work experience|
|SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE||· 1 year of professional work experience on Syrian refugees – preferably|