HAYATA DESTEK DERNEĞİ / SUPPORT TO LIFE
www.hayatadestek.org / www.supporttolife.org
Terms of Reference
|Location:||Istanbul, Adana, Mersin, Hatay, Kayseri, Sanlıurfa, Diyarbakır, Mardin|
|Reporting Language:||Turkish or English|
|Expected Duration of Assignment:||35-40 days between July-October 2017|
Support to Life Association (STL) is providing protection through its Individual Protection Programme (IPP) which is mainly composed of case management services and information dissemination activities for refugees in 8 provinces.
In the listed provinces above, STL plans to work through consultancy for providing legal support to refugees registered to its case management services and for providing support to case management teams in their field work. STL required consultants for each location, however, one consultant can be chosen for closely located provinces such as Adana and Mersin, Diyarbakır and Mardin. The duration of consultancy varies based on the needs in the respective location and is explained during the interviews before selection.
- Objective of the assignment
The overall objective of the assignment is to support STL IPP teams in case management processes and providing quality response in terms of legal support and access to legal aid in a timely manner.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
The consultant will have the responsibility of giving counselling on legal issues and of responding regarding the questions from the IPP team. The consultant should dedicate 2 or 3 working days of his/her time every week:
- To provide legal support the case team in all steps of the case management process including (1) identification and registration (2) assessment (3) case planning (4) implementation of case plan (5) follow-up and review (6) case closure
- To support with the legal questions coming from the staff and from the community members
- To accompany caseworkers during home visits or case assessment interviews with community members
- To enable information provisions on legal issues during home visits
- To conduct direct interviews with the community members to provide legal support
- To organize and prepare awareness raising sessions on legal issues
- To follow up the cases in a close collaboration with the Bar Associations
- To accompany community members and/or the case workers at the appointments with the authorities
- To prepare petitions or other official letters; and to provide legal representation before the courts and the administrative institutions when necessary
Legal consultant is expected to have comprehensive knowledge of Temporary Protection Regulation and Law on Foreigners and International Protection.
The consultant will facilitate relations with Bar Associations and access to existing legal aid services for refugees, refer cases to Legal Aid and follow up these cases.
- Timeframe and Reporting
The duration of the assignment is estimated to be 40 -45 days basis to be distributed over the implementation period of 4 months starting from the signature of the Contract. There is a possibility to extend the duration of the contract by mutual agreement if the project gets extended.
Contract Start Date: 1 July 2017
Contract Completion Date: 30 October 2017
The Consultant will be responsible to the respective Project Manager of STL for successful completion of the duties and responsibilities assigned in Section C of this ToR. The Consultant will work closely with Legal Expert. STL will also provide technical support, feedback and assistance to ensure receipt of quality output(s).
The outputs of the consultancy should be put in a report including:
- Counseling for cases (number of cases, case types, progress)
- Support for caseworkers on cases (number of cases accompanied in house visits, case plans made, referrals)
- Support for info sessions and materials
- Other activities (trainings, workshops if any)
- Recommendations for STL programme regarding the consultancy
- DUTY STATION
The consultancy will be delivered in STL offices and at outreach during house visits in the respective province. STL may choose one person for each location or may combine provinces that are closely located (Adana-Mersin, Diyarbakır-Mardin).
All costs are borne by the consultant except of travels within the province where STL cars are used and except of travel, accommodation and per diem for trainings outside of the duty station.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STL is an equal opportunities employer.
Interested candidates can submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 June 2017:
- An up-to-date-CV
- A letter of Tender for Legal Consultancy. The letter should cover until the end of the project, 30 October 2017 and should include all of the above listed deliverables and reports and the price quotation should be given in Turkish Liras.
Please indicate reference number: in the subject of your e-mail ( LC )
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Resumes without Letter of Tender will be discarded.
Psychologist will be paid in Turkish Liras.
- Contracting Authority
Contracting Authority for this ToR is STL.
- EXPECTED QUALIFICATIONS
|GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS||· University degree on Law· Practicing of law as a lawyer|
· Fluency in Turkish
· Arabic or English language is an advantage
· Computer literacy
|· LLM degree on Human Rights Law, Refugee Law or on a relevant field· Competency in English Language|
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE||· 2-5 years of professional work experience||· 1 year of professional work experience preferably on refugees and refugee law|
|OTHER MERITS||· Good interpersonal skills|
· Sense of responsibility
· Respect to code of conduct rules of the STL
· Good analytical skills
· Able to focus on details