Scope of Work (SoW) for Training Firm to Provide Relief International Staff with Training on Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD Pro 1)
Relief International (RI) is a home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By collaborating with beneficiaries and communities on the front lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Background of the Assignment
Relief International (RI) Turkey is currently providing life-saving health and WASH services inside Northern Syria through remote management where capacity building for the staff is needed on the subject of project management.
Scope of Work
- RI Turkey is seeking an experienced training firm to conduct the training of Project Management for Development Professionals (PMD Pro 1) in Arabic. However, the training material should be in English.
- The training schedule is a five-day training, two days a week for three consecutive weeks as following;
- Friday and Saturday (for Week 1),
- Friday and Saturday (for Week 2),
- Only Friday (for Week 3).
The entire training should be conducted before March 15, 2018.
- To develop concise and unambiguous project objectives (or statements of the project’s desired results), and increase the chances of successfully accomplishing them.
- To focus on outcomes rather than activities.
- Make sure the project objectives are SMART (specific, measurable, aggressive, realistic, and time-sensitive).
- Make sure every objective has at least one measure and every measure has at least one performance target.
- Understand the context and content of projects in the development sectors.
- Know the principles, phases and disciplines of project management in the development sector contexts.
- Understand the importance of adapting the PMD to the context of the project.
- Implement a range of tools and techniques to be used for managing projects and workloads.
- Apply knowledge relevant to the environment and conditions in which it is utilized.
- Apply systems used in international, well-known non-government organizations that have helped to increase productivity in the development sectors.
- Utilize specialist skills such as planning and implementation by adding best practices.
- Improve quality and communication through an organization-wide common language.
- Maximize the value of project management investments for both the investors and the people who will benefit from investments.
Training Venue and Facilitation
Training company shall arrange a venue and provide required facilitation as following;
- Training hall to be prepared with the following: 1 white board, 10 chairs, 3 round tables furnished with dining table sheet and water glasses, 1 projector and 3 extension wires (power sockets) and 3 flip charts with the holders.
- Coffee breaks should have the following: coffee, tea, water, cookies and fruits at 30 am and 3.30 pm.
- Lunch should include an appetizer and salad, the main course with 2 choices of meat or chicken and a dessert or fruits and a soft drink.
Breakdown cost Please provide breakdown cost within your proposal similar to following;
- Training fee,
- Cost for training venue, meals, coffee breaks,
- Cost for training materials (stationary, certificate etc…) if applicable,
- Cost for per diem, transportation etc.. if applicable
The successful consultancy firm should:
- PMD Pro1 and PMD Pro2 certified,
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in providing training to NGOs on PMD.
- Be able to provide three references from previous organizations for which they have provided similar trainings.
- Be able to hold the training in Arabic and English as well.
- Be able to provide a certificate.
- Firm shall provide training agenda.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability,
- Agility and Innovation,
The Procurement dossier is available from E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for bid submission is 9 February 2018 at 16:00 hrs (Local time)