INVITATION TO BID
AUDIT FIRM (COST ALLOCATION-17-SA001)
Global communities is inviting USAID qualified independent audit firms with experience in implementing Audits of USAID resources expended by foreign nonprofits according to ADS 591 requirements for the subject activity ‘’Global communities sub recipient’s programs. Qualified suppliers willing and able to provide the service should request the Request for Proposal (RFP) documents from the following address:
Offer submission no later than Wednesday, 03 March no later than 17:00 o’clock.
The successful contractor should demonstrate how he will cover the following topics:
- Review the applicable documents considered necessary to perform the audit.
- Examine the fund accountability statement for USAID programs including the budgeted amounts by category and major items; the revenues received from USAID for the period covered by the audit; the costs reported by the recipient as incurred during that period; and the commodities directly procured by USAID for the recipient’s use.
- If not prepared, prepare or assist the recipient in preparing the fund accountability statement from the books and records maintained by the recipient, but the recipient must accept responsibility for the statement’s accuracy before the audit commences.
- Evaluate program implementation actions and accomplishments to determine whether specific costs incurred are allowable, allocable, and reasonable under the agreement terms and applicable cost principles, and to identify areas where fraud and illegal acts have occurred or are likely to have occurred as a result of inadequate internal control.
- Express a single opinion on a fund accountability statement that includes more than one agreement with USAID.
- Assist in the preparation as well as review of the costs sharing schedule to determine if the schedule is fairly presented in accordance with the basis of accounting used by the recipient to prepare the schedule and to determine if the recipient provided such contributions in accordance with the terms of the agreement.
- Obtain a sufficient understanding of the entity and its environment, including its internal controls, to assess the risk of material misstatement of the financial statements whether due to error or fraud, and to design the nature, timing, and extent of further audit procedures.
- Discuss the firm’s independence with respect to Global Communities and BINAA.
- Prepare the report required by Guidelines for Financial Audits Contracted by Foreign Recipients – ADS 591, identifying any significant deficiencies or material weaknesses in the design or operation of internal control.
- Review of compliance with agreement terms and applicable laws and regulations related to USAID programs.
- Perform an audit of the indirect cost rate(s), if applicable.
- Review the status of actions taken on findings and recommendations reported in prior audits of USAID-funded programs.
- Include proposed completion schedule
When requesting the RFQ, please include the following in the email subject line: “RFP-AUDIT FIRM- COST ALLOCATION-17-SA001’’.